Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Writer's Block

I'm having a lot of trouble coming up with another idea for my MassLive blog. There's a Visiting Writers reading next Thursday in Memorial Hall, which I will write about, but as of right now...I just don't know. Can I do another list? Is that okay? What would it even be on? I feel like I've hit a wall. Maybe I should have thought about it earlier, but I was so absorbed in my article on Charles Simic that I wasn't really thinking about the fact that I should have at the very least two MassLive posts by the time class starts tonight. Ahhh!

This is really just me brainstorming. What could be good enough to post on there that won't take a few days to research and complete? Since I have about an hour and a half at this point...

I was thinking of doing something humorous...maybe writing about how to not write a poem. But who am I to pass judgement that way? I don't think any of the poetry I write is good. I can't just go publish my amateur opinions on a blog that a lot of people in this community read. I'm quite stuck. Maybe I could do a post about my two favorite poets? Naruda and e.e. cummings. But I never quite know how to write about what I like about poetry. There are only so many adjectives you can use before you begin to sound trite.

Well...here it goes. I'll think of something...I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment