Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Charles Simic




I really loved this reading, and I loved writing about it too. Charles Simic was just so personable! He answered questions at the end, he commented on each poem and made the audience laugh inbetween each reading...I was surprised that something like this could be made so intimate...between the author and the audience. Like Simic said, poetry is something done privately. It isn't everyday that you get to interact with the poet who is reciting what he's written, taken deep down from his very bones. I don't know if I would ever have the guts to do that, or the generosity really.

I took pictures for this reading as well, which will be posted to Masslive as per Scott's request. They aren't very high quality because the lighting was so bad, and because I have a dinky little point and shoot camera, but they'll do. Hope you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment