Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Sorry for the Minor Hiatus

The past two weeks have sadly been devoid of too many literary happenings around campus. I did recently attend a performance in the Concert Hall by Bill T. Jones and the Zane Dance company which incorporated a lot of text into the production. I'll be reviewing that shortly, hopefully to be posted onto Masslive.

English Society has been taking a break as well...the past three Thursdays meetings have been cancelled. It's not only inconvenient for my beat, but it's also disappointing because I really enjoy my time spent there. It's always fascinating for me to read my peers' work and hear what my fellow Jabberwocky staff have to say about it. This Thursday a whole lot of literary stuff will be going on. English Society will finally start meeting again, and there will be an author speaking at 8:00 PM in Memorial Hall.

As a part of the Visiting Writer's Series, Gillian Conoley will come to campus to discuss her upcoming novel and read from her past work. Novels will be on sale from Amherst Books at the end of the reading, so if I like what I hear maybe I'll pick one up and be able to write a legitimate review for Masslive.

Sorry about the lack of posts on UVoices lately, Scott. Things will be picking up shortly though!

1 comment:

  1. the beginning reminds me of home...a city by the sea. it never really leaves you...that sounds so cheese, but hey, it's just as true.

    ReplyDelete