Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Home, Finally



So, I'm going to be headed home for Thanksgiving break. The first time since I left for the school year. I'm pretty excited, mostly because I might be able to crash some of the community's artsyfartsy happenings around town and maybe even blog about them...get kind of an island perspective on what I've been writing about all semester. Who knows what the high school and the theater community are up to at the moment. It will be fun to drop in on my old haunting grounds and look at it with a completely different eye.

Back here on campus, English Society is going as well as can be expected. It's fun to go to those meetings, because everyone wants to go to the readings that happen afterwards every Thursday. But it's also frustrating, because there are so many submissions to go through and we never have enough time. I realize Jabberwocky is an annual publication so we do have the rest of the year, but it worries me that the selection process is taking so long. Ah well...

The Visiting Writers Series is really fascinating this year. I think it's because I'm looking at it as a collective whole now instead of just a few random events that happen on this vast campus. The English Department is really on top of things. I think they could do a better job publicizing these events, because I kind of have to hunt for the dates and times and often miss some readings all together, but the calendar line-up is so full it almost doesn't matter. Almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment