Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Masslive Masslive Masslive!!!

AHHHH!!!!! I never know what to write about for my Masslive posts. Ever. It's like, I have Thursdays where I go to meetings for English Society and then a reading, and that's it. This Thursday was Thanksgiving! I couldn't bear to step foot inside my high school after all that, so I didn't get the scoop on whether or not there even is a literary journal there anymore. I guess that's fine, since it didn't relate to my beat being in and around Amherst...

I'm thinking for this week's posts I'll put together an article that talks about why literary journals are important for the undergraduate community here at UMass. There are three that I know of: Ellipsis, which is a freshman literary journal run by students in Butterfield; Shortcuts, which is a journal composed of undergraduate short fiction; and of course, Jabberwocky, which is mostly poetry but some short fiction too.

I think I'll do another referential article as well, because those are kind of fun and I like researching my beat on the web.

No comments:

Post a Comment