Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Poetry Festival in your Backyard

I'm super happy I've gotten so involved with Jabberwocky and English Society this semester, because it gives me a group of people to attend all of these amazing readings happening around the Pioneer Valley with who love literature as much as I do. Tomorrow night, instead of the usual meeting in the Bartlett Cube, we're all going to the Poetry Festival at Amherst Cinema.

James Tate will be reading, and is an Amherst local favorite, UM Amherst MFA chair, and a nationally recognized poet with awards ranging from the Pulitzer Prize to the William Carlos
Williams Award. It really amazes me that I have the opportunity to hear him read his work in person. Ellen Dore Watson and James Haug will also be reading. All three are the kick-off to what I'm sure is going to be an amazing week here in Amherst, saturated in words.

Tickets are $5 if you're interested in coming. I'll be interviewing people in the audience on their reactions and their history with the poets, and I can't wait to write the full review for the masslive blog.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment